The Women's Council for Development seeks to develop leadership opportunities for all URI women by offering
• enhanced opportunities for alumnae to interact with and act as role models for students and one another;
• meaningful programs to generate lasting relationships with URI among students and alumnae;
• greater participation of alumnae at all levels of University life, including fundraising;
• an annual scholarship awarded to a female student who holds a leadership position on campus and maintains a 3.0 grade point average.
Women's Development Council members are URI alumnae, faculty, and staff who
• mentor students and fellow alumnae, offering work-life advice and career resources;
• support programs by planning, sponsoring, and attending events and encouraging fellow alumnae to participate;
• contribute financially to programs such as the annual scholarship and Council events.
Women’s Student Leadership Summit • April 16, 2014
URI Women’s Council for Development and the URI Women’s Center hosted a special networking dinner at the Alumni Center for young women who are making an impact on the URI community through exemplary leadership. Guest speaker Eva-Marie Mancuso ’82, chair of the Rhode Island Board of Education, discussed how women can make the transition from student leaders to community, national, and global leaders.
See more photos on our Flickr album!
Gina Dei Simonelli '01, M.S. '03
Assistant Director, Alumni Relations
73 Upper College Road
Kingston, RI 02881
Show your support for the Women's Council for Development through the Fund for URI.
Apply for a 2015 Women's Council for Development Founders Scholarship. Download a PDF application here.