The Women's Council for Development seeks to develop leadership opportunities for all URI women by offering:
• Enhanced opportunities for alumnae to interact with and act as role models for students and one another.
• Meaningful programs to generate lasting relationships with URI among students and alumnae.
• Greater participation of alumnae at all levels of University life, including fundraising.
• An annual scholarship awarded to a female student who holds a leadership position on campus and maintains a 3.00 grade point average.
Women's Development Council members are URI alumnae, faculty, and staff who:
• Mentor students and fellow alumnae, offering work-life advice and career resources.
• Support programs by planning, sponsoring, and attending events and encouraging fellow alumnae to participate.
• Contribute financially to programs such as the annual scholarship and Council events.
The Women’s Council for Development hosted a reception to honor Molly Welsh, the recipient of their 2011-2012 Founders' Scholarship. Pictured (left to right) are Gail Frechette, Marilyn Zartarian, Jodi Fournier, Molly Welsh, Victoria Cataldo, Donna Santaniello, and Andrea Hopkins.
Show your support for the Women's Council for Development through the Fund for URI.
For more information about the Women's Council for Development, contact:
Gina Simonelli, Assistant Director
73 Upper College Road
Kingston, RI 02881